Animal Control Officer- Position Filled
Animal Control Officer
Currently seeking a motivated individual to join our Animal Control Division.
Animal Control Officer Job Duties:
- Protect the citizens of Knox County from Rabies be specifying such preventative and control measures as may be necessary.
- Establish a good relationship with vet clinics and residents.
- Providing security to residents from annoyance, intimidation, and injury from cats, dogs and other animals.
- Encourage responsible pet ownership.
- Providing for the assessment of penalties for violators and for the enforcement of the Knox County ordinances.
- Starting wage of 15.48/hour per contract, after one-year completion increase to 18.37/hour.
- Full-Time hours will be Mon-Fri 7am-3pm/subject to change or part-time hrs. to fit schedule
- On the job training and seminar training
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 30 Mile Residency
- Opportunity for Paid Overtime or Compensatory Time
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days &Sick Time
- IMRF Retirement Program
- AFSCME Labor Union